Thursday, November 03, 2005

I don't want to see your heart breaking

“Don’t turn around
I don’t want ya to see my heart breaking
Don’t turn around
I don’t want ya seeing me cry
Just walk away
…followed by words I don’t remember…
I’m letting you go
…and I don’t remember these either…”

Great old song…I don’t know what it’s called (possibly “Don’t turn around”) or who it’s by (some chick singing if I remember correctly), but it just came to me outta the blue. Well, it’s kind of related to something I wanted to write though. It’s a theory I’m putting out there (from my head to my blog at which point it will then be reinforced into my brain for further regurgitation).

One cannot love or like strongly and so quickly change their position without remorse and regret. And above all, one will eventually develop deep hope and strong inclination towards reconciliation. I have made this my theory on life and plan to study it in the actions of others. In my own situations I find this true whether it is something trivial or otherwise. I wonder if I am a rarity (more like my dorky self is weird) in this position or my idea is the norm.

I have other theories: high self-esteem and self-assurance is the most attractive thing a woman can possess and demonstrate; the more enthusiastic a leader is about a situation, the more receptive his/her audience/target will be (this works for teachers and students and has proven true in my cases); fat and happy is a much better philosophy than thin and mean (ummm….that’s how I chose to live anyway J). I know there are many other theories floating around in my head, but they are there for a rainy day here in the wonderful world of blog. And even my here writ theories are so contingent on everyday life and the world at large that each one could very easily take up an individual blog entry. But alas, I am called to the world of hectic-last-minute-cooking in the kitchen where my lovely stepmom is patiently awaiting my assistance in the preparation of Eid goodies. And so I am off my fair blog…but fear not for I shall return…

Now that I look that over, I went from weird, to serious (in a weird way), to weirder (in a seriously weird way). I wonder why? I really wanted to be serious! But how can one be serious? It’s Eid!

1 comment:

LittleLibyan said...

You are right that piety is the most desirable...and a kind and giving heart is also desirable...but I don't think that those things are 'attractive'. If you have a kind, giving heart and are pious you would in turn be confident in what you do. It would be the confidence that attracts and the other traits that retain that respect and love. Thanks for the insight sis.