Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Confession

I'm a teacher but I hate grading papers.

I smiled today because I got to send words far away...but I almost didn't send them.

I have a major headache because my students were loud today.

I hate it when the Principal is not here... we are too small of a school to have a Principal/teacher out... but he is sick so may Allah grant him shifa.

During my plan period, I sometimes turn off the lights in my classroom and lay on the floor to take a nap or just to chill.

I recycle gift bags... I always try to give it to a different person than the one who gave it to me in the first place.

I read to escape.

I hate going home. I would rather stay out all day.

I used to pretend that I could get radio stations in my head when I was in middle school.

I also used to have these weird 'episodes' where I would feel like someone was talking to me and my head was gonna explode...I think they were panic attacks. :(

I miss my mommy. I dreamed about her indirectly the other day. I hope she is proud of me when the angels come around each week.

I wanna fly far away. I wanna go now. I almost feel like quitting this school year although it is against my moral code.

I watched Wifeswap last night... dumb yet hilarious yet super dumb...

"Losing My Religion" by R.E.M. (I think) seems to be the song that reminds me of me the most...I think of it every once in a while.

I'm not really losing my religion, just things like "I don't know if I can do it/ oh no, I've said too much/ I haven't said enough" summarize how I feel at times.

I want to go swimming.

I think I should go snowboarding some day... The mountains, the snow...

I bought "Muslim Boarders" about Muslim Snowboarders (clever :)...supposed to be 40 minutes long, it was only 20 minutes. I feel cheated.

Kids nowadays have more 'Islamic' music, movies, and outspoken role models than ever before. Yet they are ungrateful. Or maybe because I'm now 22 I am finally grateful.

I don't like cold weather when it is cold or hot weather when it is hot.

I've never seen the ocean. I want to see the beach.

Maybe I should fly away to neverland.

If I didn't take the time to reflect, I would go crazy.

Oh Allah, thank You.

4 comments:

Ninnevah said...

hey sis, salams, mind if i add a link to ur blog?

LittleLibyan said...

Rania: 'stalker song'...now that you mention it... :) And as for the pool, I stepped into a cold whirlpool at the Y today...that's about as close as it gets.

Wahdamuslimah: sure (*jumps with joy*) I would love to be linked to your site. Do you mind if I add you? (*happy dance*)

Pedagocial Thoughts said...

And you wonder why I didn't want to be a teacher...I hate grading papers too. Ok, so I was only in a 4th grade classroom for about 30 hours as a field experience...and now I'm moving to preschool.

Man, I wish I could go swimming too. I used to swim with pants and long sleeved shirts on, but that gets really wet and you can't really swim. Too bad I didn't have a private pool.

BTW, thanks for visiting my blog.

LittleLibyan said...

PedThoughts: The other day I got into a whirlpool in the ladies locker room at the Y with my capris and t-shirt...I felt kinda dorky, but the water never turned hot so I just got out... And cool thing: The Y in a nearby city is rented out every Sunday from 10-12 for the Muslim women to use the pools. Some Muslim brother/family pays to allow all the women to go. I've been once and enjoyed it immensely. It is very cool indeed.

Cool3teach: The radio stations were....ummmm...nonexistent....just cool new songs we pretended to hear in our head....

And the voices: "Step into the light"

I'm glad I've cleared up all the questions you had about my dorky self...and no thanks for the trick with voices last night in the hallway. :)