Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Will today be the day?
Will I finally release myself of the burden
of tears in the back of my eyes
of fears in the back of my mind?
Will I finally let go of the bitterness
I so painstakingly try to hide?

Will today be the day?
Will I finally feel the joy
of true release
of a worry-free day?
Will I finally feel refreshed after
a night of calm reflection
and thanks a million times?

Today shall not be.
My tears will not come.
My fears remain.
Bitter, no. Sorry, maybe. Afraid, completely.

When shall I be able to cry...out of fear...out of happiness..out of devotion...out of sincerity...
There are those who cry in prayer...why can I not be of them?
There are those who cry in misery at the misfortune of brothers...why can I not be of them?
There are those who cry tears of joy...why can I not be of them?

I do believe...I do fear...I do hope...I do pray...

Oh Allah accept from me my prayers and fast! Oh Allah please give me that which will make me a better Muslimah...

Oh reader, forgive me my rants...

4 comments:

Absology said...

Ameen.
We should always constantly ask Allah to help us improve.
May Allah love us, and may He increase our love in Him.
Ameen

LittleLibyan said...

Ameen!

American Muslim 1983 said...

Will today be the day that I get a raise??? Probably not.... Everyone knows that I work free-sabillilah anyways, so why would they want to give me a raise... ahhh, nevermind... May Allah accept your prayers and fast for Ramadan and forgive me...

LittleLibyan said...

AM: Thanks for the...ummm....interesting comments :) and real moral support!

Rania, thanks for the insight. May we all continue to strive for what is right in life...and may we all be guided by Allah to the straight path.