Sunday, June 01, 2008

Awake
Because I don’t believe in love
Or happy endings
Or prince charming

Awake
Because I secretly hope for the
Pot of gold
At the end of the rainbow

Awake
Because I am fighting the feeling
Inside of me
Of despair and longing

Awake
Because I know what is wrong
And why I feel it
And what to do about it

Awake
Because I am afraid of what I
Should do and what
I will and won’t

Awake
Because I can’t believe in it
And hate that it is
Not for me

Awake
Because I want but
I don’t know
What it is exactly

Awake
Because I cannot sleep
For it will erase
For it will soothe

Awake
Because I don’t believe
In love
In hope

Awake
Because I know what will come
In my dreams
In the fantasy

Awake
Because then I can fight the phantom
With my reason
With my hands

Awake
Because I can’t stop thinking
About everything I
Choose to ignore

Awake
Because I don’t believe
In love
In happiness

Awake
Because I have to keep
Convincing myself
Telling myself

Awake
Because I’m still cold
And alone
And tearless

Awake
Because I’m dead on the inside
But not yet dead
On the outside

Awake
Because my heart keeps beating
And my brain
Keeps deleting

Awake
Because I cannot leave
My room, my head
My life

Awake
Because I know what I want to do
To see
To be

Awake
Because I know nothing
About life
About love

Awake
Because I am scared
Of falling
Of hoping

Awake
Because I am a girl
In a predicament
In a story

Awake
Because I cannot sleep
In this body
In this world

Awake
Because I do not believe
In love
In hope

Awake
Because I do not believe
In you
In me

Awake
Because I do believe
In darkness
In light

Awake
Because I cannot sleep
And dream
And pray

Awake
Because I can see
The end
And I don’t like it

Awake
Because if I sleep
I’ll just have to
Wake up anyway

Awake
Because I want
To love him
But hate him

Awake
Because I want to dream
But know what
Life really is

Awake
Because I don’t know
How to love
How to care

Awake
Because I cannot cry
And it would be
Better to die

Awake
Because I cannot feel
Inside and I wonder
If I ever did

Awake
Because my eyes keep
Looking inward and
Fear what they see

Awake
Because I am empty
And the echo
Is loud

Awake
Because the warmth of
Fingertips nearly
Revived me

Awake
Because I lie
And know
Only lies

Awake
Because of everything
He said
He did

Awake
Because of everything
She never said
She never did

Awake
Because my eyes
Won’t close
Tightly

Awake
Because I’d rather
Go out during
Daylight

Awake
Because I’m scared
And won’t
Admit it

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked it a lot.

LittleLibyan said...

Thanks Musiclover! It's good to hear from you again.

wah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wah said...

Go not quietly into the night; rage against the dying of the light. The light that's within you that knows the proper place for hopelessness and despair.

One ship goes east, the other west by the self- same winds that blow. 'Tis the set of the sail and not the gail that determines the way they go. Like the ships at sea, are the ways of fate as we travel along through life. 'Tis the set of the soul that decides the goal and not the calm of the strife.

Smile from within.

Salah said...

I hope you feel better by now. It's a faze and it will role away. here is your favorite Plath's poem I don't think it will make you feel better but you never know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQySAjflgnA&feature=related

LittleLibyan said...

Thanks Wah. I appreciate your response. Please continue to comment. ;)

Thanks for the concern, Salah. I do feel better. As for the poem, it actually makes me feel even better. Thanks again. :)