Friday, May 02, 2008

at times like these,
i want to renounce marriage
and family
and friends

at times like these,
i want to run away
from troubles
from worries
from life
from this city
from commitment
from work

i don't think i would
wish to have this
hassle upon
anyone in the
whole entire world

i can't ever be
suicidal,
not really,
but if i could
i'd go out
with a
bang
now

i will manage to
get through all of this
but i am getting angrier
and not so much
happier

i seem to want things
i can't really have
and abhor things
i need to really love
and dismiss things
i really just need

i seem to be so frustrated
with anything
and everything
(all of it nothing really)

i hate this planning and
the 'try not to look at my toes' and
the 'i'm trying not to step on your feet' and
the 'was that your spot i took'

i hate all of this
i don't mean to be mean
or maybe i do

i don't mean to be spiteful
but maybe i'm not
maybe i'm just dishing
back what was served
to me when i was
not looking-
the moment
they fed me the poisoned
pomegranite
(or was it a fig)

either way
this is not a good time
can you come back the third tomorrow of next month?

*****************************

No, really
i AM okay

3 comments:

Unknown said...

let it be

youtube.com/watch?v=4oZYqAeIdYk


When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree,
there will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see,
there will be an answer. let it be.

Let it be, let it be, .....

And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light, that shines on me,
shine until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music, mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

Let it be, let it be, .....

Salah said...

Little Libyan, how are you doing? I text you but you haven't responded. I'm sure you are ok. what ever is the problem now it will go away. it all goes away in the end. Most of the time it's not even worth the hassle of worrying about it. You should have saw me today at the VA, I look and felt so insane I think I sacred them. which is a good thing I guess, if only I learn to control my temper. I think it was a Fig. Just kidding, i don't even know what are you talking about. Crazy Libyan woman :-D I'm really not smiling like this but oh well, hope you are.

LittleLibyan said...

Thanks Musiclover! You really do have a song for everything! Even if I don't respond (or take far too long), I always appreciate your musical addition to my blog.

Salah, I was smiling at the end of that! Thanks.