Thursday, December 15, 2005

Unbelievable!

The room is silent. All heads are bowed down in deep contemplation of problem number one. Some eyes dart to the ceiling as they rack their brain for the answers. Some hands are frantically marking answers as if in fear that the words would escape them otherwise. The room remains silent for many minutes as I weave in and out of the rows noting right and wrong answers.

Just as I have a seat at my desk, a hand shoots up. It is so still, so quiet, the raised hand almost seems to slice through the air.

"Are these REAL questions?" asks the child with confusion on his face.

And for the third time today I am answering this question. "Simply follow the instructions," I reply with a straight face.

These questions are easy freebies in reality. And more importantly, they are great ways to wind up a tense testing session. What would your answer be?

N. For the purpose of getting extra points, simply mark an answer to these very serious questions.

78. How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
A. One
B. Three
C. Huh?
D. I don’t like tootsie pops.
E. Don’t have a clue; can’t remember this commercial


79. Where can one find the end of the rainbow?
A. In the desert.
B. You can’t.
C. I’m not telling. The gold’s all mine
D. Why do you ask?
E. Elementary, my dear Watson.

80. If you could pick your grade, what would it be?
A. Nothing less than an A+.
B. The usual: C+
C. I’ll settle for an ordinary A.
D. Grades? What? We have a test?

E. B+ is good enough for moi.

1 comment:

Veiled Muslimah said...

Awww children.. :faint: they'r so adorable mashallah. :)