Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ramadan Mubarak!

There are a few things I want to really accomplish this month, insha'Allah.

1. Eat healthy, eat light, eat right. Not just because it is better for us, but most importantly, it is the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him). Which leads to...

2. Do more actions that are sunnah. Whether it be reciting certain surahs in a day or even just saying specific dua that he (peace be upon him) used to say. The little Husn-ul-Muslim book (and super awesome iphone app) are my go to source for completing this goal.

3. Study the Quran. Every year the goal is just to read the Quran from cover to cover. This year I want to really study the Quran rather than just reading. I've been listening to the Brother Nouman Ali Khan's tafseer of Juz Amma and must say (for probably the umpteenth time) that it is AMAZING masha'Allah! And now his partner in the Bayyinah Program, Shaykh Abdul Nasir Jangda, is completing Juz Tabarak. It's all free online at www.bayyinah.org/podcast, or itunes, and www.muslimmatters.org. Definitely worth checking out, masha'Allah.

4. Do more volunteer work. Whether it is something at the Masjid, helping out a friend, or working at food bank, I want to give back a little more. I want to make sure that I am working hard to give back.

The goal in all of this is to build good habits. I want to make sure that even when Ramadan is over, the spirit still lives. I want to make sure that I don't miss out on the small deeds and that I do them consistently. Insha'Allah.

There are more goals, like the husband hunt is still on of course, but it's late and it's better to leave some things for tomorrow. :)

May Allah bless and guide us all during this holy month and always. May He accept all of our worship and repentance.

Oh Allah, give us the best in this life, the best in the next life, and protect us from Hell. Ameen.

No comments: