Sunday, August 08, 2010

After praying my Maghrib today, it was as if I've never really prayed before. I have looked at the meanings before. I have studied my prayer. But it has been too long since I put such consideration into practice. When the child made a comment about her prayer, I thought to myself "Yeah right, kid!" I thought that maybe she was just young and easily impressionable. I was sitting in a class all weekend because I wanted it to happen to me, yet I found myself skeptical of someone else's enlightenment and unwilling almost to make it happen for myself. I know my prayer at maghrib was still not perfect. I realize that I still need to muster up the humility I should display in front of my Creator. I also know that I have never really prayed, never truly connected in prayer like I did today. Alhamdulillah.

No comments: