Sunday, February 24, 2008

Watch a movie
and see the characters
live and die
as we want inside
we wish to be
the way we hope
this ride

Let's listen to music
and hear the desires
of one man's hearts
and listen to the
dreams of one woman's tears
and float into the realm
of happiness's lies

Let's read the words
in a book of rhymes
describing my wishes
as a set of dishes unwashed
and lace uncut as
wild dreams deferred and
leaves of the green, green grass

But I'd rather
just lay here in the dark
with my thoughts
chasing the demons from
the darkest spots

I'd rather just
lay here and become
the bed and the
wall and the room
and me and you

I'd rather be just
left alone with
the thoughts inside
my feeling head
the thoughs inside
me, feeling dead
the thoughts inside
me light as lead
the thoughts inside
me, thin as thread
the thoughts inside
me dripping red
the thoughts inside
me wishing wed

February 9, 2008
2:48 a.m.

No comments: