Monday, February 04, 2008

Cricket Song

Ripples move in circles
away from the edge
of humanity's home.
Dark and light, LED, make
the shadow of the
human form I inhabit.
Children, mufflers disturb
the silence of an evening's
delightful solitude.
Chains on the pet limit
its freedom and
pollute the aura.
All this and yet he sings.

The cricket song
fills the spaces
all else tried to
fill. It fills the
air with a reminder
of their existence.
"Hey, I am here! You
will listen! I exist,
I'm smaller than you,
but oh so more tender
and true! I sing my
lover a lullaby. I treat
the world to a tune.
I fill your evenings
with music."

I hear it.
I hear the cricket song.
I dance to it.
I enjoy it.
I embrace it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mashallah sister i like your latest poems. I think they would be good to put them to some music. What do you think?

LittleLibyan said...

Are you serious? That would be pretty awesome! :)