Friday, February 29, 2008

February 29, 2008

Dear baby Kamila,

Welcome to life! We've waited for 7 months for you to come. We thought we were going to wait for 2 more. However, it seems that you were tired of waiting to meet us! You may be small and younger than we'd imagined, but you are more beautiful and precious than we could have dreamed. By the time you read this, your real name should fit you comfortably and you won't believe that your Aunt Kamlah really thought she could pass you off as "Kamila." That's okay. When I left the hospital today your name hadn't fallen from the lips or poured from the heart yet. I know it will. We'll all look at you and say, "She is beautiful, masha'Allah," and the name will be there, right where it was all along: on your lovely face. Despite your nameless state tonight, I love you. And even though you'll always be young with a birthday every four years, I love you. Not just because you're my best friend's first born love, I love you. I love you and I can't believe I'm an "Aunt."

Sincerely,
Aunt Kamlah

1 comment:

Pedagocial Thoughts said...

Mashallah, congratulations on becoming auntie. And for the baby's mother.

I hope everything is well otherwise.