Wednesday, August 02, 2006

How do the children feel?

The windows were up for once. The air conditioner was blowing gusts of cool air onto my face. I sat alone in my mid-size car cruising on a decent paved highway on my way home from work. It was peaceful.

The silence of random thoughts and pampered living was crushed by the small jets zooming overhead. I had not heard their engines roar that loud before. Another passed above me. And then another ripped through the bubble that I live in.

Comfort, ease, it is all an illusion. With just one plane it could end. With just one drop, I would end.

The windows were down. The hot, humid air slapped my face as I awoke to find reality. I was teary eyed in my mid-size gas guzzling vehicle traveling a short distance on my way home. It is all an illusion.

No comments: