Friday, June 23, 2006

It's a test...you gotta realize it's a test...

I just finished taking my GRE for graduate school. I don't think I did as well as I would like to have done...but I don't quite know how to decipher the numbers yet. And the funny thing is I've already started taking classes (6 hours down...many more to go) but I just had to take the test before I take the classes I want next month. Alhamdulillah the essay part was easy. I'm thinking I made a high score (insha'Allah). And I did better on the math than the verbal---funny since I'm an English teacher. But I've always done well in math. I just LOVE reading! Do you think this means I should lose my English teaching license? Nah! :) I still love reading and math is too...ummm....BLAH! Just too boring, and blah!

So yeah, I took the test. I had to drive all the way to Stillwater for an 8 a.m. test. Little sleep. Time to go home and rest....

But wait, the weather! The weather was horrible today! I thought I would hang out at the OSU campus and enjoy the summer weather. I took a book with me so I could chill out in front of the super nice pond as the ducks quacked at me and squirrels dropped parts of the tree on my head. But no! It rained like crazy! And as I tried to make it to Salatul-Juma today two roads were blocked off because of flooding and accidents. Needless to say I didn't make it. But alhamdulillah. Even though I'm complaining, I really did love the driving. Alhamdulillah.

2 comments:

American Muslim 1983 said...

What... No Speeding Ticket this time?!?!

That would have made that post so much more exciting to read....

Umm Amirah said...

Asalaam alaikum sister,
did you take the electronic test...scores are automatic once your finish? I took the GRE years ago..couldn't tell you what i got thought *so sad*