Saturday, April 22, 2006

Silence

Some things you just can't say out loud.

"My marriage is failing," only costs you denial as your world falls apart.
"Your commitment is dying," costs you the safety of false security.
"I'm leaving," will cost you the trip as you reconsider the life.

Sometimes you just can't say things out loud.

"Forgive me...I'm sorry," will cost you face.
"I love you," seems too weak to express it as you lose your constancy.

Sometimes you just don't say things out loud

for fear of ruining it
for fear of losing it
for fear of feeling it
for fear of recognizing it
for fear of hurting others
for fear of understanding it
for fear of fear

Because sometimes it's easier to NOT say it out loud!

2 comments:

American Muslim 1983 said...

It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time.
Sir Winston Churchill

LittleLibyan said...

That's an interesting way to look at things...