Friday, April 14, 2006

And the beat keeps running...

Things I've done:
  • Went to a teacher workshop on reading...but have yet to successfully incorporate all of the material just yet.
  • Went to an Islamic concert...and almost fell asleep as I drove home late a night.
  • Lost more than 5 pounds...all because I've given up Diet Coke (I can't believe I made the concious decision to do so) and exercise nearly everyday.

Things I wish to do:

  • Run 10 laps in the gym without stopping to catch my breath after every 2 laps.
  • Keep up my exercise routine...it makes me feel good.
  • Learn more everyday...

I just turned 23 the other day...of course you don't feel different overnight, but I know I'm older. I expect to grow and learn differently than before. I've also come the realization that I am no long in the 'youth' category. That's just weird. But then again, I'm fine with that now that I feel like more of a leader than just a follower. I've also thought about my mother (Allah yarhamha-May Allah have mercy upon her). She died at only 39...I'm more than halfway there...but then again I could die younger...Just a fleeting thought that flutters through my mind at random moments...

Alhamdulillah for my family, all my friends everywhere, my mind, my life. Alhamdulillah for everything.

1 comment:

American Muslim 1983 said...

Islamic Concert... Sounds Familiar... I think I might have been there too...