Friday, February 24, 2006

Just Right Now


I wish I knew how to add a clip from a song...I'll figure it out sometime...but my students LOVE the song "Sakeena" by Native Deen. They actually just love hearing the little girl say "Sakeena" and then laugh it off! :) If I listened to them, I'd just play that beginning over and over and over again.

I love my kids....I love all 50+ of them...I love my job (at least right now, alhamdulillah)...ALHAMDULILLAH! (check out the pic from our last lock-in---we did this really cool rap/spoken word poem that we made up and performed----they were awesome masha'Allah!)

I am currently in love with www.muslimhiphop.com !!!!!!! Seriously awesome...why didn't I listen to the people who told me about it a long time ago???? Why????!!! (Noteworthy: Kumasi "Same Soul"---really, you SHOULD check it out. Just forward the player until you get to that song.)

:)

2 comments:

American Muslim 1983 said...

I'm speechless... Or should I say commentless...

Saraax said...

Oh my goodness, this is SO wierd, lol...a friend and I were blog-searching and came across your blog...lol the girl 'Sakeenah' in the song by Native Deen was named after my niece! Abdul-Malik (Native Deen member) is my brother. Im so glad you and your students love the song, it was so funny to come across the reference to my niece! lol