Sunday, April 19, 2009

Remember?

It was fourteen years ago today that an explosion rocked the core of the heartland. I remember the day and I remember the feeling. I remember the way it changed our view of the world and changed the way we looked at ourselves. Today I experienced the overwhelming need to cry and had a reason. As I looked at the shoes, and keys, and debris that was once a part of someone's life, there was an understanding of how hate can destroy and how helpless we really are. I watched people around me cry, remembering fathers and wives and children lost.

I walked in alone. But once inside, I walked hand-in-hand with ghosts.


"We come here to remember those who were killed, those who survived and those changed forever. May all who leave here know the impact of violence. May this memorial offer comfort, strength, peace, hope and serenity."

Visit the Oklahoma City National Memorial site by clicking the link above (the quote) or below. If you cannot go in person, the website gives a good idea of how beautiful the site is. Beautiful but sorrowful. Bittersweet.

www.OklahomaCityNationalMemorial.org

1 comment:

singamaraja said...

Singamaraja reading and visiting your blog