Thursday, January 17, 2008

I am so exhausted.

Unbelievably exhausted.

Last night I had the first truly adult conversation about literature I've had in a very long time. It was over Freud's Civilization and Its Discontents and William Golding's Lord of the Flies. It was amazing! I understood more of Freud than I thought I would. Plus I actually enjoyed reading it and thinking about his philosophy. And talking about Lord of the Flies is always fun! I have truly missed my English classes. Truly. I've missed the discussion, the philosophy, the theory. Even after teaching all day, class last night was actually rejuvenating even if it was until 10 p.m.

It was probably the reason I couldn't sleep until nearly midnight.

Too late.

Maybe that's why I'm so tired?

Happy but tired.

No comments: