Sunday, July 08, 2007

I just raised my voice. How can you call it a mistake? We had so much fun that weekend. I don’t like being punished (or feeling like I am) for what I didn’t do.

Today I thought of taking off my hijab. I would never do it, insha’Allah. But I thought it. And for a moment, I could almost feel the wind in my hair. I could almost imagine what it would be like. The breeze through my hair! But I thought of how everything would be the same in the world, except I would be out of sorts. And I took the thought out of my head. I shut off the whispers. I felt the breeze on my face. I dreamed of it in my hair.

2 comments:

Lebeeya said...

I know about that breeze you are talking about, sometimes when its TOO hot you just think crazy thoughts :)

Nice to see an update from you :)

Mujahada said...

Alhamdulilah you didn't, and insha'Allah you never do. I have never thought to take it off but I know there were points when it was really hot that I started hating it because I wanted to feel the breeze on my hair. Astagfur'Allah! Insha'Allah we all always continue to wear it, and insha'Allah we will feel the breeze in Jannah!