Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Night at the Museum...

Okay, so it was actually the daytime. But I thought since the movie was #1 for so long (although i'm not sure why), I thought maybe my blog would become the #1 blog for a while (although I'm not sure why I thought that).

:)

Anyway, I totally got to go to the museum! WOOHOO! I've been wanting to go for so long now, that I almost gave up on actually going. But when I saw the sign at school that said "FREE ADMISSION" to Philbrook with my ID, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. And on top of that, alhamdulillah, I finally convinced my brother to go with me.

So yeah it was interesting. I took some awesome pics (Adam was being uncreative most of the time...but with my creative genius and his skill with his amazing camera, we're a pretty good team).

My favorite piece of art wasn't there on Sunday, but it doesn't matter. I got to see a man picking his nose while painted a million colors:


I even was allowed to enjoy the delicious peaches painted just for me (YUM):

Then I saved a fish from drowning in the pond on the grounds! ("My hero!" the fish sputtered as he ran on his merry way.)
I learned something important (dead people's words can live on when imprinted on seats...) and even the importance of everyday things (like this ceramic suitcase...I guess art is in the eye of the artist? :)
There was even an interesting tree I couldn't help but touch!
Add to all that the beautiful grounds that made me feel like a character out of a Jane Austen novel (how superb!) and you've got magic enough to make anyone happy!


3 comments:

American Muslim 1983 said...

The movie, Night at the Museum is really awesome...

LittleLibyan said...

I didn't think it was that great...okay, I guess...but not that great...My DAY at the museum was more worthy of my time! :)

Pedagocial Thoughts said...

How have you been? That art museum looked nice. It's funny but I've never been to an art museum before.

Take care,
Pedagocial