Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Online dating

January brings with it the end of
one online dating venture
and the beginning of a new one.
This will be interesting.
It already is.


Now I have a question that I would
like answered: Are there
no more good men who actually
speak English and live in
my country anymore? It
seems like all my "hits" have
been men who cannot communicate
or don't live in the States
or can't live in the States
(the last one has to go
back for two years per his
contract, but would I mind
moving to Yemen to be with him,
the man I hardly know and have
never actually met?)
or don't pray
or drink (but only socially)
or use colorful language like
bright M&M candies.
I am not ranting. I am
simply wondering.
Surely there is someone
like me out there who
might actually like me,
right? Surely someone wouldn't
mind living in Oklahoma
(at least for three years)
in a house owned by me
(with a swimming pool).
And is it too much to ask
that they speak the same
language as me? At least
decently?

Thank you for your time.
It was so good to chat.
I enjoyed it.
Honestly.

2 comments:

ibeebarbie said...

Greetings LittleLibyan,

I must admit, I got a chuckle from your post. Why? Because I know EXACTLY what you are speaking of. :) Have done the EXACT same thing? AND, have wondered the EXACT some questions you pondered.

I just wish I had an answer, but unfortunately I do not. Should you find success, please share as I, too, am still searcing.

bumedian said...

salam ,,,
i have the same questions but from the other side
and i haven't got any answers for those questions till now ,,,

why i cant find the right girl i am looking for?
why i cant find the right age i am looking for ?
why i cant find the right mentality that is a real women as it should be the real women? i am not missing any thing but i really cant find , not online not on earth if you help me find it i might help you find yours