Monday, May 01, 2006

Out of Place

"That is such a gorgeous tree, masha'Allah!" I said pointing to the tree directly in front of us.

"SubhanAllah, it really is," replied my friend.

It was a tall, round tree. All the trees surrounding it were green, plush-looking trees. This tree was dark; the leaves were so dark they were almost black with a unique maroon tint. It looked almost out of place, yet peculiarly beautiful and mesmerizing.

"It's so different, so beautiful," I say.

"Just like us," she replies.

Just like us.

3 comments:

Jamerican Muslimah said...

Mashallah. So true! I like the "just like us" part.

LittleLibyan said...

:) yeah, a camera phone would've been nice right about then. But I've broken all my nice phones recently; now that I'm on my 3rd phone in the last few months, I don't think I can be trusted with a nice phone just yet. I'll see if I can go back to the park and take a picture of it (yeah! another excuse to go back to the nicest park in Tulsa! :)

Thanks Jamerica...I'll be reading your posts. :)

American Muslim 1983 said...

Jamerican... Reminds me of Jamiroquai... Never really understood his music though...